Hey super fun biker people! This is your official last minute heads-up that Trips apps are due TOMORROW at 5 PM EST! I sincerely believe that each and every one of you would do a phenomenal job as a volunteer for the program - seriously, all you need to be good at this is an unyielding desire to make first-year students feel welcome and comfortable at Dartmouth. The best Trips volunteers are NOT necessarily outdoorsy or loud or energetic or involved in a ton of stuff at Dartmouth. We are looking for people who represent all of the perspectives that are present in the student body here, because we want every single first-year student to feel welcome, not just the ones who are outgoing or love dancing or whatever.

Regardless of whether you are one of those people who crushes all the single track everywhere, or if you’re like me and you almost peed your pants the first time someone tried to make you bike over a log because you were so scared, there is a place for you volunteering in the Trips program! Whether you end up helping out as a leader or croo member it’s gonna be a phenomenal learning experience and a ton of fun.

The information is below but please blitz me if you have any questions at all!

much love,
jamie

APPLY FOR DOC FIRST-YEAR TRIPS!
If you have a genuine interest in making the newest members of the Dartmouth community feel welcomed, supported, and included, we encourage you to apply for DOC First Year Trips!

NO experience is required to be involved with Trips -- you don't need to be outdoorsy, loud, funny, in love with Dartmouth, or even have gone on a first-year trip to welcome the Class of 2019. We want anyone and everyone to apply! We offer a wide variety of trip types, and we'll provide you with training to make sure you feel prepared for your role. All you need is a desire to build a stronger, more cohesive community at Dartmouth.
Apply Online for Trip Leader and/or Croo: http://doc-trips.herokuapp.com/applications/apply
Applications are due Monday March 23rd by 5pm EST. For more information on being a volunteer and the application process check out this AWESOME informational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgeNoaM9ig

More information can also be found on our website: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/firstyear/