Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Typing this up has actually been more challenging than I thought it was
going to be.  I have started and restarted it a dozen times hoping that
each draft would sound better than the one before.  It has not.  So instead
of some amazing and poetic note from me I am just going to be honest.

After 4+ amazing years I am going to step down as President of the UVMBA.
This is not because of any other reason that I am being pulled to thin
right now and this group deserves better than I can offer right. at this
point in my life    I will NOT be disappearing, selling my bike and/or
taking up tennis (no offense to tennis but MTBing is better).  I will be
around to help the new president get settled, I will be there for trail
days, I will be stepping up my efforts in Norwich and I will be riding as
much as I can (there are all of those seasonal KOMs to grab)!

Over these last 4 years I have seen and learned some key insights: First is
that we live in the most amazing, hidden gem of a trail Mecca in New
England and I think its safe to say that we are happy with it staying that
way.  Second is that the MTB community in the UV has exploded in the last 4
years and as a result has become a well respected and influential group.
Third we need to protect the trails for the future generations both on the
ground (trail stewardship) and in the books (legally).

When I came on board with the club it was at a low point and our sport was
starting to explode.  The MTB UV community stepped up and truly took the
lead on all things trails and our record over the the last 4 years shows
it!  When you have group made up of volunteers your voice and efforts and
only as strong as the unit you are representing.  Thank you for making it a
strong voice.

   - We are now on committees in almost every town in the UV.
   - We have built or help solve network issues in over 10 systems.
   - We look over and help guide trail relationships on 100s of miles of
   trail.
   - We topped 100 paid members last year and over 300 on our social
   channels.
   - We do all of this with 100% volunteer time and effort.
   - We have an amazing group of local bike shops that support the club and
   our bikes.

I want to thank all of you for giving me a chance (and trusting me) during
these last 4 years I know at times some of it was facing the unknown.  I
think we accomplished some amazing feats together.  I never planned to stay
on board for 20+ years and I know that the new president will be amazing
and inject new life into our efforts.  With that I would like to thank you
Bruce for agreeing to step into the role president and I wish you the best
of luck.  He has lived in the UV for most of his life and is a local
teacher.  He has vision and understands what the trails mean to all the
users of them.  This is not something I took lightly and I have the utmost
confidnece in Bruce to take the reins and streer this group to new
heights.  Please help me welcome him onto the leadership team and give him
the same voice you gave me.

We are at a perfect cross roads right now with our historic agreement with
Dartmouth and the possibility for more trails in almost every town in the
UV.  It also a great to get involved!

Thank you again and I will see you on the trails!

Cheers,
Brian