From: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Spanish Film Club has a New Deadline: April 1, 2015
Date: February 25, 2015 at 3:05:23 PM EST

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
If you are interested in Ibero American Cinema, look no further! Apply with Spanish Film Club Grant by APRIL 1, 2015, to bring a film festival to your campus. Grants cover between 30% and 50% of the costs. And you will get programming advice, as well as the possibility of scheduling a Q&A with a filmmaker. It couldn’t be easier: simply fill out the online application form at http://pragda.com/spanishfilmclub/application!
Universities select a minimum of five films from a catalog of 42 titles to create a film festival on campus. Representing 21 countries, the films have been carefully selected by a team of experts and are backed by the most important festivals and film critics.
New films this cycle include award-winning titles like THE LIBERATOR (Venezuela), MR. KAPLAN (Uruguay), PARADISE (Mexico), 339 AMIN ABEL (Dominican Republic), OPEN CAGE (Mexico), GOD’S SLAVE (Argentina), THE CROW'S NEST (El Salvador), ASIER AND I, (Spain) BAJARI (Spain), and I AM FROM CHILE (Chile). Other acclaimed titles include BAD HAIR (Venezuela), CHICO & RITA (Spain), WHO IS DAYANI CRISTAL? (Mexico), 7 BOXES (Paraguay), and THE RETURN (Costa Rica).
More than 80 universities have received the funding including Barnard College, Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, UCLA, The New School, University of Chicago, Wesleyan University, and the University of Michigan among many others. Take a look at the complete list at http://pragda.com/spanishfilmclub/recipients/

Professors all around the country are calling SFC “a tremendous opportunity and gift,” “an oasis in a cultural desert,” “one of the best things to ever happen for our community,” and “a definite success!”
To learn more about the program and apply to bring a SPANISH FILM CLUB festival to your campus, visit www.spanishfilmclub.com<http://www.spanishfilmclub.com/>.
Daniela

--
Daniela Bajar