Date: February 21, 2015 at 9:44:01 AM CST
Subject: Re: #10333 Suggestions for Laptops / Tablets and the like.rtf
From: Claire Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

A year ago, our school district bought Dell tablets for its 40,000 + students and all its teachers. We have had some problems with power and Dell is replacing the Venue tablets (some students and teachers have Latitudes). Throughout the process Dell has been very supportive and regularly sends  representatives to spend several days on our campuses. Students in my classes use them daily. Now that students have become comfortable with their tablets,  they use them for everything. Students even take their tests on Blackboard using their tablets. Students use them to access their online books and workbooks, record their assignments, film their skits, write their e-portfolio and blogs, play educational games,  collaborate using Google apps and more. My class is paperless. As a teacher, I also use my tablet for everything including wile I am teaching, projecting and walking around the classroom. I am very pleased with it. You are welcome to contact me if you have questions. Good luck throughout the process.

Claire