another great opportunity to ski tomorrow. The Greens are beautiful.

________________________________
From: DOC-Nordic <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Daniel M. Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:26 AM
To: DOC-Nordic
Subject: Re: Friday Ski Tour at Green Woodlands -- Updated Schedule

Dear DOC,

Because Friday morning is supposed to be a little on the brisk side (about 0 first thing in the morning), and in order to accommodate people who have 10-hour classes, we'll delay our departure from Robo until noon, then pick up ski gear at the DOC House Rental Shop on our way.  Please send me a note if you'd like to come!  See details below.

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel M. Nelson, Director
Dartmouth Outdoor Programs
115 Robinson Hall
PO Box 9
Hanover, NH  03755
603-646-2356 (office)
603-646-1444 (fax)

Dear DOC,

If you don't have classes on Friday Feb. 13, I'd like to invite you to join me on a ski tour to explore the trails at Green Woodlands in Lyme Center, NH (out past the Skiway and past Hinman Cabin).  Green Woodlands is a tract of land comparable in size to the Second College Grant, and it is criss-crossed with a network of spectacular groomed xc ski trails open to the local community.   As the owner tells visitors, the price of admission is your smile and respect for the property.  With the new fresh snow and cold temperatures we've had, conditions there have never been better.   The terrain is easy- to moderate, so you don't have to be an expert skier, but you should be comfortable on xc skis.   Equipment will be provided if you don't have your own.  (We'll be using classic touring skis, not skate skis.)  Space is limited, and I need to confirm how many sets of skis are needed, so please sign up in advance by contacting me before 9:00 FRIDAY morning.

  *   The trip is free, and there is no charge for ski equipment for DOC members
     *   Please let me know by FRIDAY morning if you need to check out skis or will be bringing your own
     *   Participants will be able to get touring skis, boots, and poles from the ski and skate center at the DOC House at Occom Pond on Friday right after we depart from Robinson
  *   Meet at 12:00 NOON in the Robinson Hall lobby on Friday, Feb. 13
  *   Bring appropriate clothing for a ski tour in cold weather, a day pack with an extra warm layer or two, water bottle, and a lunch/snacks
  *   We will return to campus by 5:00 pm
  *   Sign up in advance and confirm equipment needs by emailing me before 9:00 am FRIDAY:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  *   Feel free to email or call with any questions.