Hi all,

TL;DR: You must be a DOC member. Now read the whole email!

While you've all made it onto the DOC Nordic Ski Club's listserv, there are a couple more steps to becoming members or leaders of the Nordic Ski Club. You need to be a member of the Nordic Ski Club to receive Club discounts while skiing. It is also important to note that Nordic Club MEMBERS only receive skiing benefits when they are skiing at an official Nordic Club practice, outing or race, not when skiing alone.

HOW TO BECOME A NORDIC CLUB MEMBER:
  1. Be a DOC Member. If you aren't already, do it. $20/yr, $50 for Dartmouth career, $200 for Lifetime membership.
  2. BLITZ ME ([log in to unmask]) your name saying you want to be a member of the Nordic Ski Club (even if you've already done a practice or talked to me about how freakin' stoked you are about the Club). I need to get this list to the powers that be in Robo so they can verify that everyone signed up for practices is eligible for Club benefits.

HOW TO BECOME A CLUB PRACTICE LEADER:

  1. Be a Nordic Ski Club member (see above steps).
  2. Be OPO driver certified. Blitz me ([log in to unmask]) if you'd like to do that.
  3. Have skiing experience.
  4. Shadow a practice leader for two practices to learn the tricks of the trade.
This is how the Oak Hill ski pass payment system will work for Club members and leaders. Note: It's not free, but HEAVILY discounted.

TRAIL PASSES:

1. Discounted Season Pass for Club Leaders
For experienced, competitive skiers who complete the requirements to become club leaders.
This is an individual Oak Hill ski pass that is subsidized by OPO and the Nordic Ski Club budget.
COST: $10 for ski season

2. Daily Punch Pass for Club Members
For DOC members interested in trying out XC skiing or just attending a few practices.
COST: $5 for 3 practices (renewable too: $10 for 6 prax, $15 for 9 prax, $20 for 12 prax, etc.)

RENTALS
:

The goal of the DOC and the DOC Nordic Ski Club is to make skiing affordable for everyone.
So long as you are a DOC member at an official Nordic Club outing...
COST: Zilch. $0. FREE. AWESOME!

FINANCIAL AID:

If you qualify for Financial Aid, you're eligible for DOC Financial Aid for all the above expenses. Blitz Kathy Decato for more info.

Thank you all so much for hanging with me through that long email. Please blitz me personally if you have any questions.

Now let's all go skiing!

Matt

To unsubscribe from the DOC-NORDIC list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DOC-NORDIC