Mea culpa. I committed the cardinal sin, what other kind of sin could a birder commit(?), and last Friday did an ID at a distance without binoculars (second cardinal birding sin) of what I thought was bald eagle.. When is a bald eagle not a bald eagle?, when it is cleverly disguised as an oddly placed squirrel's nest. Back today on River Rd., I "amazingly" saw the bald eagle in exactly the same place where I saw it Friday. Reasonably suspicious, I got out my binoculars, along on this trip, and "lo and Behold," it was made of leaves, not feathers. Thank goodness I did not misreport a rarity,
Blake Allison
Lyme, NH 03768-3322