Hello, colleagues--
I am nearing completion of a study of the building materials and
construction techniques of the architecture of Tsoungiza-Nemea.  One of the
issues I still have to address is the variation in form of combustion
features including built hearths (of which I have five types) within the LH
I period and the significance of different hearth shapes.  Related to this
is the question of differential use between primary and secondary hearths.
Can anyone refer me to a study on this subject, either on the Greek Bronze
Age or anything ethnographic?

I'm hoping that your interest in ancient food tech might have led you to
consider this topic, or that you've come across an article that does.

Many thanks,
Rebecca
--
Rebecca Mersereau, Ph.D