Mediaeval Arab recipes inlude recipes for puddings where they are placed under a piece of fat meat so the fat drips down onto them. You can find details in Charles Perry's medieval Arab cookery.
As for goose fat, Ariel Toaff claims that whatever Christians did with the pig in mediaeval Europe, cooking , salting, rendering fat etc., Jews did the same with the goose.
And I remember once buying a pair of leather sandals when the maker rubbed fat into the straps to keep them supple.
Best
Susan