From: FileMaker Pro Discussions [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard S. Russell
Sent: 11 November 2014 20:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: saving grouped records to individual PDF files

On 2014 Nov 11, at 11:54, Peter Buchanan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi

Maybe someone can just point me in the right direction :

(Windows, FM Pro 13)

I have a found set, say 30 records, all having the same job number ID.

Within this set, the records each have a value in the Region field.

The number of records will vary, and the regions are also variable.

I sort the records by Region, then I want to save the records to PDF, creating one PDF file for each region.

I was thinking along the lines of creating a value list of the regions, and then looping through each value etc.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Peter

Set up your post-sort output report with a sub-summary part on top, triggered by encountering a new region, with the “New Page” option turned on. Use a single “Print” command to save the resultant report as a single, multi-page PDF. You’d only need to script it if you wanted each page to be saved as an individual PDF.

Thanks Richard, but I do need to save each group to an individual PDF. Can only think that I need to constrain to each region, save, and repeat for remaining regions?