From: FileMaker Pro Discussions [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Mikhail Edoshin
Sent: 13 November 2014 11:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: saving grouped records to individual PDF files

Hi Peter,

You need to name an object to be able to read its value in preview mode;
there's no other way (no easy one at least; it's possible to set up a field
that would modify a variable when rendered, but all this is convoluted and
unreliable). But now when you've asked I'm not sure anymore, because
whatever tests I've run I run long time ago. On the other hand if I ended up
with this idea then there were reasons, I guess :) From what I vaguely
remember if you try to read a value in preview mode, it will return the
value from the first record, regardless of the page you're on; but an object
on a layout will return the real value from whichever record happens to be
on that page.

Kind regards,

--
Mikhail Edoshin