Hey Chubbers and bikers,

This Friday afternoon we’re going back to finish construction on the new firepit area at Oak Hill!

What am I talking about?? From the other week:

There is a cool project in the works courtesy of the visionary Brian Kunz: the clearing and constructing of a big fire pit area at Oak Hill, near the mountain biking trails up past Storrs Pond (I think some of you have been there already).The idea is to create a big clearing where Outing Club trips and other groups can go to meet and hang out around a campfire, whether after a day of biking or ropes-coursing or just for its own sake.

Last time we had an awesome group of folks who did most of the heavy cutting and lifting of logs, rocks and debris. Now all that remains is spreading some gravel and woodchips and testing it out. I.e., you’d be among the first people to use it! S’mores may or may not make an appearance...

TL,DR: if you want to be part of finishing a cool new space for the DOC, sign up using this form. Limit is 10 people. As of now the plan is to leave at 3 PM from behind Robinson and return by 6 at the latest (Oak Hill is only a few miles up the road). Counts for CnT trailwork requirement. All welcome and no trailwork experience necessary, just a desire to get some stuff done!

YITOOD,

Hunter