Date: October 21, 2014 at 10:06:30 AM EDT
From: Bob Peters <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Language Placement & Proficiency testing resources?
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Dear All,

I am researching online assessment tools that measure students' proficiency levels for the languages we teach at Oberlin.

We are particularly interested in tools that are tied with the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines, and that can also be used multiple times to gauge a student's growth over time.

We currently use the WebCAPE as an initial placement tool and that has been satisfactory.  What we are looking for now is something to measure what our students are learning after they have been placed and as they progress through the curriculum.

I have searched the LLTI archives but worry that some of the resources mentioned might be outdated.  I am interested in learning about current tools as well as any experiences LLTI'ers have had with those tools.

I would be happy to compile a list of responses to share back with the list if that is of interest.

I look forward to your responses!

Thank you,
Bob Peters
Oberlin College