This may not be related... Thought I would throw it in anyway.  Using FMPA 13 newest release on several occasions acts a few hours of development,  I have he the right mouse button stop working I layout mode. I try to righty click on an object and get the menu, but nothing happens.  I didn't try the shortcuts you were using but wonder if they filed at the same time. I'll try next time it comes up.

The solution has been to close the files and restart FMPA

Bruce Herbach
Herbach Consulting

Sent from my mobile device... Please excuse typos.