From: Ronald Balko <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: #10272.2 (!) Question about headsets / mics
Date: September 25, 2014 at 9:29:34 AM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

I have found that USB connected items will work 99% of the time, but when they don’t it can be so baffling.  With some peripherals, like flash drives, USB is the only way to go.  But when it comes to mics, headphones & headsets, there are still other options out there.  You can go with 3.5mm plug in products which will work in most devices/computers 100% of the time.  I just bought an Insignia headset from Best Buy that has both the combined 3.5mm 4 barrel plug as well as the 2 separate 3.5mm audio & mic plugs for use with older equipment.  In addition, other microphone & headphone products still use single 3.5mm plugs.  Hope this info is useful.

Ron Balko
Learning Technologies Coord.
Concordia College
Moorhead, MN