I presume that many will be familiar with the work of my colleagues in organic residue analysis of cooking pots an drinking vessels from the Bronze Age Aegean, see Yannis Tzedakis and Holley Martlew (eds.), Minoans and Mycenaeans: flavours of their time, Athens, Hellenic Ministry of Culture, General Directorate of Antiquities, 1999.  (Exhibition Catalogue: National Archaeological Museum, July-December 1999) and the publication of the scientific data in Yannis Tzedakis, Holley Martlew and Martin Jones (eds.), Archaeology Meets Science: Biomolecular and Site Investigations in Bronze Age Greece, Oxford, Oxbow Books, 2008.

The work will continue in due course with further scientific research of this type from the Late Minoan  III necropolis of Armenoi in Western Crete.

Professor Robert Arnott
Armenoi Project
Email: [log in to unmask]