From: LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Spanish Curriculum Lead
Date: July 2, 2014 6:30:30 PM CDT
To: 'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

Colleagues,

I am re-posting here a revised job description for a wonderful position we are recruiting for here at Rosetta Stone.

Why here, with LLTI folks?

Because the type of multi-dimensional people that language center directors and technology-implementing faculty are, are just what we are looking for:

People with ideas about how technology can be marshalled to expand language capacity of our students, our friends, and our colleagues.

People who like innovative work environments, who like to solve learning challenges, and who enjoy working collaboratively with quality, capable teammates.

Sound like someone you know?

If so, see below or go to http://jobs.rosettastone.com/findjob.aspx

LOGO_RosettaStone_Master_4C

Spanish Curriculum Lead

The Rosetta Stone team is quickly evolving away from our traditional format and content (CD and language learning) to more modern forms of distribution (adaptive content delivery to iOS, Android and HTML5) and new content and commercial verticals. We aim to be the leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily.

Rosetta Stone seeks a Spanish Content Development Lead with experience in creating online content for beginning, intermediate, and advanced learners of Spanish.  As a member of the Language Learning Products team, you will play an important role in creating the next generation of Rosetta Stone language-learning products. You will work closely with content developers, media production gurus, and assessment experts to create the gold standard in Spanish e-learning. The ideal candidate will bring strong theoretical understanding of language learning and a repertoire of sound pedagogical practices gleaned from experience teaching languages and from a background in online course design.

We don't expect you to know all the answers and plan to give you some exciting opportunities to learn. Come join us and help us build better products enabling greater functionality, capabilities, scalability, higher quality, higher customization, higher performance, and lower cost; all for a better customer experience.

If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!

The position is full-time and can be based in any of these Rosetta Stone offices:

* Austin, TX

* Boulder, CO

* Harrisonburg, VA

* San Francisco, CA

* Seattle, WA

Key Responsibilities:

* Create frameworks and define objectives for the creation of new Spanish-language courses.

* Guide the online creation of new materials for the learning of Spanish.

* Create effective remedies for common learner stumbling blocks.

* Envision and scope end-to-end product development.

* Collaboratively create and edit guidelines for product development.
* Collaboratively create and edit training materials for authors.
* Review and edit work from authors.

* Provide expertise on linguistic issues, especially as they relate to the teaching and learning of Spanish.

* Collaborate with other team members to develop state-of-the-art language learning content for other

   languages, including English as a Second/Foreign Language.

The successful candidate will demonstrate:

* Ability to create engaging, creative and effective language learning online content and instruction.

* Strong spoken and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.

* Ability to dive deep in understanding Rosetta Stone’s product and business, as well as the competitive

   landscape.

* Adeptness with technology; ability to quickly master new software and systems.

* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar applications.

* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.

* Ability to collaborate with others, including remote teams, as well as to work independently.

* Commitment to excellence coupled with willingness to adapt to change.

* Willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.

Required Qualifications:

* Master’s degree in Spanish Linguistics, Teaching Spanish as a Second Language, or a closely related

   field.

* 3+ years of Spanish teaching experience.

* Native fluency in Spanish.

Desired Qualifications:

* Experience in the design of e-learning products.

* Experience with English as a Second/Foreign Language.

* Working knowledge of domestic and international language testing standards and frameworks (such

   as ACTFL, CEFR, TOEFL, TOEIC, etc.).

Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.