On 2014 Jul 6, at 19:43, Charles Hartley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This is just for simple exports where I need to save one or more fields to a text file that I can then mess around with the results using BBEdit. Since FMP13 will not export as a .txt file, I've set the .tab file format to always open with BBEdit.

I was just wondering if there was a way to do the .txt file, but I guess not.

Thanks,
Charlie

You can set “Type” to “tab-separated text” (my preferred format) but nonetheless manually replace “.tab” with “.txt” in the name of the file to be exported.