Hello folks,

"The Fifty" is one of the DOC's more well known traditions. Once every spring, summer and fall, 30 or so hikers set out to hike the 50+ miles from Hanover to the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge in one go. It takes 24-36 hours (and at least that many volunteers) to complete. Past participants have described it as "fantastic", "amazing", "a ton of fun", "absolutely awful", "the worst thing I have ever done", "the best thing I have ever done", and "central to my Dartmouth experience".

Do you want to hike or support the Fifty this term? Come to the meeting on Tuesday!
This meeting will take place in Dartmouth 105, Tuesday July 29th @ 9 pm.
You must be at this meeting if you want to hike or support the Fifty.

Show up to find teammates or – preferably – form a team beforehand, and sign up at the meeting!

You can apply both to hike and support (but of course only do one this term).

Why support?
It's a ton of fun (with none of the hiking misery), AND you get points to give you an edge in the lottery system if you want to hike it in the future!

The Fifty will happen Friday afternoon Aug 8 - Saturday evening Aug 9.

Tell your friends, forward this email to everyone, blitz us ([log in to unmask]) with questions, and we'll see you Tuesday!

Cheers,
The Organizers