From: Upper Valley Birders [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Ted Levin
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [UVB] Whip-Poor-Wills

I found a nest near the Merrimack River in Hooksett in 2012. I went back
several times during my snake-surveys and followed the development and
dispersal of the 2 chicks. Until 1992, they nested in Blood Brook Valley in
West Fairlee. We'd leave the porch light on my studio and watch them pickoff
the moths we chummed in. They often perched on the house and called
incessantly. Whippoorwills are quite common on in the pine barrens of LI &
the Cape.

Ted