Hi all,

Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 were we have a database containing many
photos which are stored in a container field.

I have a formula set that nicely places the photos within a hierarchy of
folders so they can be browsed individually.

The external folder for the container data is also shared via a read
only dropbox from a Mac running OS X 10.9.2.

Everything works fine, new records created with photos create the
necessary folders and the files show, and upload to drop box.

Then for no reason it just stops. Restarting the Mac, FileMaker and so
on does nothing, new photos just done appear in the folders but the
photos do still get stored as if the container data is within the main
database file and not external (essentially a hybrid of both, all photos
both old and new can be viewed from within FileMaker).

To fix the issue I have to go to the container field within database
management, open the external container field formula and simply close
and okay the boxes, it prompts to say the data has changed and I choose
transfer which then sorts the issue, at which point it then goes and
moves the internally stored container data to the external files.

It is pretty annoying, easy to fix but always does it when I am away,
once every two or so weeks.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Container path:

> "/LoCris/" & Organisation::organisation_Name &
> "/" &
> People::c_people_full_name &
> "/" &
> If ( IsEmpty ( Sites::c_sites_Name ) ; "Unknown Site" ;
> Sites::c_sites_Name ) &
> "/" &
> If ( IsEmpty ( Jobs::jobs_Booked_date_start ) ; "Not Dated" ; Year (
> Jobs::jobs_Booked_date_start ) & "-" & Month (
> Jobs::jobs_Booked_date_start ) & "-" & Day (
> Jobs::jobs_Booked_date_start ) ) &
> "/:"

Thanks in advance.

Neil.
--
*Neil Farnham-Smith*
Technical Sales and Support
Surftec Ltd 	Surftec Ltd
5 Mead Lane
Farnham
Surrey
GU9 7DY
*Tel:
DDI:
Fax:
Mob:
Web:* 	+44 (0)1428 608121
+44 (0)1252 560960
+44 (0)1428 608123
+44 (0)7919 335544
www.surftec.com <http://www.surftec.com>
/All prices quoted exclude VAT and delivery. Prices are subject to
change at any time. To avoid delays in supply please ensure an official
purchase order is sent. E&OE/