Love ya Bec.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
From: Becky Luce
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 13:19
Reply To: Becky Luce
Subject: clarification

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying the recent beautiful weather!

I heard through the grapevine that there were some grumblings about the programming for tomorrow evening's concert.

First of all, I am hoping for the day when you will be comfortable enough to speak to me directly.  I promise not to bite!!!

Secondly,  if you've been at our concerts so far, you know that I tend to over-program.  That is, put MORE songs on the list than we will actually play.  There are a few reasons for that...one is to compensate for unexpected absences (ie, what if no horns show up at all).  The other is that if we're really connecting to the audience, I'd like to have the option of throwing something else in the ring.  Having extra music gives me some flexibility and helps you be more prepared for a curve ball that might come your way.

So, in the most recent program order, the last 4 songs are "extra."  That's why there are two marches listed back to back....they're on there so you can practice them if you want...but we may not get to them.  OR, I may plug one of them in earlier and take out something else.

In terms of repeating songs, that was a misunderstanding.  I thought we were "supposed" to play Carousel a LOT this summer, especially in Lebanon, to help promote NCCT's upcoming show.

And I thought Carole had requested to do Just a Closer Walk again.  When I emailed her to ask what she'd like me to program, she thought I was talking about Bretton Woods, and I was talking about tomorrow night!

So anyway, that's the low-down.

And again, please try talking to me directly.  Thanks!!!

bec