From: Patricia A. Spellman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:36 PM
To: Jill M. Mortali
Subject: Business Expense Question

Jill – Can you please forward this to the Roundtable group:

Hi all –

Re: the question raised at the last OSP Roundtable about meal reimbursement: “What about meetings in the office where food is provided (e.g. coffee and muffins at a morning meeting)?” What is that considered and what type of detail is required?

We confirmed that this should be considered a non-travel business meal with a receipt and business purpose and attendees required.

If the cost is being reimbursed on a business expense reimbursement (BER) form, a receipt is required if the total cost is $50 or more.

If this is a PCard charge, a receipt is required regardless of cost.

For your information,

Here is a link to the Business Expense Policy: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~control/docs/controllers/dartmouth-business-expense-policy-01012014.pdf

Here is a link to the Procurement Card Policy: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~control/policies/procurement-card-policy.html

I welcome any comments/feedback on the policies and/or processes.

Thank you,

Tricia

Tricia Spellman

Assistant Vice President for Finance

Dartmouth College

603-646-2640

To unsubscribe from the ROUNDTABLE list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ROUNDTABLE