Hello Everyone,
A reminder of the work day coming up on Sunday.  The Nature Walk Trailhead is the one behind the cemetery near Alice Peck Day Hospital.  We've had a number of runners sign up for this day and are very excited to have them join us in our efforts to maintain our community trail network on the Landmark/Boston Lot Trails.  A few things you might want to know in preparation for this day include:

- We'll be leaving the trailhead by 0915 sharp ( I heard the runner invite said 1100am start but it is actually 0900)
- if you can only come for a couple of hours feel free to join us at the work site anytime during the day - the location of the work site will be described below
- the work will go until about 3pm or we until are driven insane by mosquitos
- we have several pickaxes available so the only additional tools you can bring if you have them would be a sturdy shovel and/or a pry bar to move rocks
- if you have a decent size backpack, that would be nice to bring as we are hoping to bring up some slats of wood to create culverts in some places to drain water and a backpack that would fit a few 2x6x32" slats would be helpful
- you can show up empty handed with no tools or pack and we're still happy to have you and will supply tools

I would recommend bringing with you:
- lots of bug repellent - the mosquitos are coming to life and depending on the wind, they can be quite fierce
- a hat/sunscreen
- lots of water - food if you are planning on being out for a long time
- gloves are a must - maybe even a second pair in case your first pair get wet
- long sleeved shirt
- a sunny disposition

My cell is 603 667 8706 and email is [log in to unmask] if you have questions prior to the work day or if you get to the trailhead later and want to call or text to find out where we are.

Location of the work site:  From Nature walk, we'll be walking up past the beaver dam bridge and taking the main trail up as though you were heading to the Lake.  After the longest of the three bridges on this trail the work will begin at the first corner.  If you live in Hanover/West Lebanon it is just as easy to go from the Wilder Dam, south around the lake and then take Olivia's trail towards Burnt Mountain.  You'll see or hear us shortly after the intersection.

The work is primarily going to consist of creating drainage and armoring trail sections that are consistently wet and cannot be drained.  We'll be working from the end of the long bridge up to the power lines near 'Rail it' as that trail has the most amount of traffic and has long been in need of maintenance.  The number of people we have will dictate how far we get.

Please get in touch with me if you have any questions.  If you know for sure that you are coming please try to register on the UVMBA (UVMBA.com) site today or tomorrow so we have a head count.  You do not have to be a member to access the site and register for this work day.   I want to make sure I have enough post work IPAs to supply everyone.  In addition, I know that your time is very valuable and if we know how many participants we have I can make certain that we are well organized and every minute of your time will feel well spent.

Sorry for the length of this email.  Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday. Thank you.

Brendan
Boston Lot Trail Lead
603 667 8706