From: Andrew Ross <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Carrels with adjustable dividers
Date: May 27, 2014 11:58:39 PM GMT+03:00
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Dear Colleagues:

We’re looking at a renovation to our old “language lab” facility at ASU, having removed the ancient Tandberg IS-10 this last winter.  Not particularly interested in repeating its functionality, but we’re finding more and more demand for a film classroom setup as well as a testing facility.  It’d be ideal if we could combine these two functions in selecting furniture for the space.  We currently have 52 carrels with glass fronts and fixed metal mesh separators.  We can decrease capacity to 36 (we’re planning on putting in studio spaces for online instructors to use).

Does anyone have or know of a carrel system in which the side panels are adjustable, so that we could raise them when needed for testing and listening privacy, and lower them in a film class where that kind of visual separation isn’t required, or really desirable?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

a.
--