Was jolted from my half semi-conscious sleep this am. My head is right next
to the open screened window.

I have not heard this bird at home since spring 1986 and maybe 87.
Unmistakable "whip-poor-will".  repeated 5-6 times. Wish it had been more.

No Red-headed Woodpecker at Kendall Station (that I could find this am).
Pompy Flats : water was up.  No. Watertrush was seen and singing away.on the
tracks.

Fun:  if you are in the Union Village nayba-hood, check out the "Sweetwater
Farm" barn's colony of nesting Cliff Swallows.  I believe I have not seen so
many ClSw's since some bridge in the west.

                Bet there are some 40 birds.20 nests.most are still being
built.  All are on the outside of the barn, BNSw's are ducking into the
barn.  Bobo's and SaSp's in the fields around the barn.

Black-billed Cuckoo singing its "cuck-cuck-koo" in the woods at home.

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator

CT River Birding Trail

2360 Academy Road