Hey everyone,

I headed over to Dewey's pond late this morning to try for the crossbills. I ran into Cynthia Crawford there and together we were able to relocate the birds; we observed them for a few minutes before they disappeared from view. The female was sitting in the open with a couple juveniles foraging nearby. I also got quick glimpses of a male foraging with them too. So that makes 4 crossbills there, maybe there are more among the pines?

Also had a singing Black-and-white Warbler among all the Yellow-rumps around near the boat launch. Nice to see that species up here again!

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger