From: Thomas Plagwitz <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: RE: #10212 E-portfolio examples?
Date: April 22, 2014 8:39:23 PM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Hi Edwige:

I gave a workshop last term (http://thomasplagwitz.com/2013/11/18/faculty-workshop-fall-2013-creating-mahara-language-learner-portfolio-pieces-in-the-digital-audio-lab/), which included some links to examples from Europe, but unfortunately I do not have any examples to share.

However, I first learned how to integrate student portfolios as an alternative form of language proficiency assessment in the Drake University Language Acquisition Program which made heavy use of them when working with Jan.Marston at drake.edu<http://drake.edu>, who might have lots to share. Or her successor, Mark Cadd, who included some examples in here: http://www.iallt.org/iallt_journal/the_electronic_portfolio_as_assessment_tool_and_more_the_drake_university_model (2012).

Other more recent examples I came across:

L’intégration du Portfolio européen des langues en milieu ouest-canadien minoritaire et universitaire (2013, http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/e5hj72m6161r7165/?p=536e8b25cf984c40b3173ad786f53318&pi=6).

At IALLT 2013, Claire Bartlett gave a presentation that included examples: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4b3uznm8dzajf4/IALLT%20e-portfolios%20Bartlett.pptx

Finally, at the upcoming CALICO 2014, Kelly Arispe and Amber Hoye will offer a workshop on MALL in an upper-division Spanish program which included an ePortfolio: https://calico.org/page.php?id=631#mall

Hth,
thomas