Lots of bird activity on Bragg Hill in Norwich today! The following list
includes those seen on a run and during lunch at home.

My goshawk ID hasn't been confirmed by anyone, yet I'll go out on a limb
based on photos; it was big.

Even more exciting was what I would confidently call a Scarlet
Tanager... were it not for the date. The bird was seen -  w/o binoculars
- in an apple tree near the corner of Bragg Hill Rd. and Dutton Hill
West, a tree known to Spencer and I as being good for interesting
migrants every year. My impression was brighter, smaller, and more
slender than a cardinal, with different behavior; I didn't even think
cardinal (which I see every morning) until I realized how early it is
for a SCTA. There was a robin in the tree for color and size comparison.
Although I immediately stopped running when it caught my attention, the
bird was among branches and observed rather briefly; I can't therefore
be certain it didn't have a crest and can't say whether the wing coverts
were black...

If anyone passes this spot, it would be worth a look (right at the point
Bragg Hill Road levels out).

Doug Hardy