The DOC Group Adventure Program is a new project of the Dartmouth Outing Club that is intended to encourage College student groups to partake in leadership and team development courses at the Dartmouth Ropes Course. The Dartmouth Ropes Course is operated by the Outdoor Programs Office, and consists of three separate facilities at Storrs Pond.

The goals of the DOC Group Adventure Program are to provide Dartmouth student groups with a fun and challenging way to get outdoors and develop confidence, trust, and communication within the group. The program is facilitated by trained members of the Dartmouth Outing Club.

If you would like to be trained as one of the student facilitators for this program, please fill out this application and email it to [log in to unmask] by Thursday, April 17th at 11:59pm. We are looking for applicants with an interest in group facilitation and leadership development. No previous skills are necessary—we will provide all of the training. Facilitators will be compensated at a rate of $10/hour when leading groups through the challenge courses. The DOC Group Adventure Program Coordinator will work with the facilitators to determine the work schedule. While the schedule will be irregular, facilitators should expect to work a four hour session at least once every two weeks. Training will occur in early May, and dates will be selected based on facilitator and trainer schedules.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the application or the program. We are excited to get started!

Gerben Scherpbier