From: Alison Sommer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Moodle User Group 2014 CFP/registration
Date: March 4, 2014 1:29:25 PM CST
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello IALLT Colleagues,

I wanted to send a message to you all about two things.  First, registration for Moodle User Group 2014 at Macalester College is open and available at http://mug.clamp-it.org/registration/.  The registration fee is $50, and it will be waived for presenters whose proposals are accepted.  So please register to attend!

Second, I encourage you all to propose a session that includes faculty members with whom you collaborate on and innovate within Moodle.

Here is the call for proposals in case you need it to spur their ideas and yours:

The Collaborative Liberal Arts Moodle Project (CLAMP) and Macalester College invite proposals for presentations, roundtable discussions, and workshops for the 2014 Moodle User Group meeting to be held at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota on June 23-24, 2014.

Proposals are welcome from faculty, staff, students, and other Moodlers from liberal arts colleges. CLAMP membership is not required to attend, though proposals from CLAMP members will be given precedence. For more information about becoming a member of CLAMP, please see our website about how to get involved in CLAMP.

Potential topics include, but are not limited to:

  • Faculty-Instructional Technologist Collaboration Facilitated by Moodle
  • What’s New in Moodle 2
  • Best Practices for Using Moodle in a Liberal Arts environment
  • Moodle as a Tool for Facilitating Writing Instruction
  • Unconventional but Effective Uses of Moodle
  • Using Moodle Across Disciplines
  • Flipping the Classroom with Moodle
  • Moodle Wish List
  • Using Moodle with Other Classroom Tools

Presentation formats may include:

  • A 10 minute “lightning round” presentation
  • A 45 minute presentation
  • A 45 minute round table
  • A 60 minute workshop
Again, here is a link to our Proposal Submission FormProposals should be submitted by
Monday, March 17, 2014.

Accepted proposals will include complimentary registration.

Registration for Moodle User Group 2014 is open and available at http://mug.clamp-it.org/.  The conference schedule will be announced to the community on or around March 19, 2014.

For questions concerning the CFP please contact my colleague who is organizing the event, Fritz Vandover at Macalester College (e: [log in to unmask], p: 651-696-6761).

--
Alison Sommer
AIA - Languages & Fine Arts