From: Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: #10172 Right-to-left on Macs
Date: February 25, 2014 2:19:13 PM CST
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Hi Judy,

We haven't dealt with Hebrew but Word for Mac doesn't handle Arabic properly either and likely never will.  I've heard wonderful things about Mellel and really liked Nisus Writer when I used it.  However, our Mac people who want to use Word for Arabic, Hebrew, etc. finally decided to run a virtual instance of Windows with Office to meet these needs.  They're using University-owned computers, so the campus licensing covers the costs of the Microsoft products.  Because they're running Windows to meet academic needs, the school also pays for VMware. (The people who do this also have academic needs for Mac-only software.)

Good luck,
Sharon

Sharon Scinicariello, Ph.D.
Director, Global Studio