From: Derek Stearns Roff <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: #10172 Right-to-left on Macs
Date: February 25, 2014 10:21:28 AM CST
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

I've read that Microsoft never intends to bring their full feature set to Word for Mac, and right-to-left is one of the lost pieces.  We must bow down to our overlords in Redmond.  Mellel is a Mac word processor created and developed by some Israeli programmers.  It has the greatest focus on Hebrew, of any word processor that I know of, as well as support for many other languages.  .  Nisus Writer Pro is another word processor that supports Hebrew and right-to-left writing systems.  Both of these word processors can export documents in various formats, including Word.  However, importing into Word is not always trouble free.  Word doesn't always support its own rules, formats, and guidelines (some of which are secret), which makes it hard for any other company to maintain compatibility.

http://www.mellel.com/
http://nisus.com/NisusWriter/Features/Hebrew.php

I hope the student and professor can find a workable solution.

Derek