use CSV, but instead of selecting 'csv', select 'mer' (merge) in the export dialog. The field names will be the first row, otherwise it is the same as CSV. Excel (any version) should be able to open that.

In addition Excel can open a .htm TABLE, if exporting as HTML Table would do what you want. Keep the extension as .htm and the columns also should be the first row.

The problem may come if your Export is to Excel that actually is to .xlsx and not .xls and older versions cannot open the file.

Beverly