From: Valeria Belmonti <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: technology and intercultural competence
Date: January 31, 2014 2:34:43 PM CST
To: <[log in to unmask]>, Valeria Belmonti <[log in to unmask]>

I am a graduate student of Educational Technology at New Jersey City University and I focus my academic studies on Computer-Assisted Language Learning.  I am conducting a survey research as part of my Master's thesis, which examines the use of technology to support and enhance the teaching and learning of intercultural competence within the undergraduate World Languages curriculum.

If you are a university educator of foreign languages, I would appreciate your completion of the survey, which will require approximately ten minutes.  Participation in the survey is strictly voluntarily and anonymous. You may decide to respond only partially to the survey.  There is no compensation for responding nor is there any known risk.  All information will remain confidential and anonymous.  Choosing to complete this survey implies that you understand this information and that you consent to participate in this study.  If you choose to participate in this study, please answer the questions as honestly as possible and kindly submit the electronic survey by February 14, 2014.

You can access the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/interculturalCompetenceVB

Thank you in advance for taking the time to assist me in my educational endeavors.  If you would like a summary copy of this study, please contact me using the information provided below. If you require additional information or have questions in regard to the survey, please contact me or the advisor of my thesis, Dr. Cordelia Twomey at [log in to unmask].

Cordially,

Valeria Belmonti

718-982-4155