From: "Campbell, Kellie B" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Software creation tool
Date: January 20, 2014 2:41:12 PM CST
To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Cc: "Campbell, Kellie B" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Good Afternoon –
I have a request from a few faculty here @ Saint Michael's to create an online test.  Their needs are below.  Any thoughts on platforms or software that will allow us to do this?  Thanks for the feedback.

We are looking to use software to create an adaptive, computer-based test that can be administered to students worldwide. The software needs to present each test taker with a specified number of test items per category. Furthermore, the software needs to randomly draw these test items from larger test item banks.

For example, the listening comprehension category might require students to complete 20 multiple-choice questions. What we don't want is for the same 20 questions to be administered to each test taker, rather we'd like  20 questions to be randomly drawn from a larger bank of test items (say 100) for this category.

Kellie B. Campbell
Assistant Director, Academic Technology<http://www.smcvt.edu/On-Campus/Offices-and-Services/Information-Technology.aspx>
Manager, Language Learning Resource Center<http://academics.smcvt.edu/llrc/>
Saint Michael's College - Colchester, VT <http://www.smcvt.edu/>
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> I 802.654.2878

be patient, be fine, be balanced, be kind