Reminder: The setting meeting will take place tomorrow, in the climbing
gym, at 8pm. If you've always wanted to learn a more about what goes into
setting problems at the gym, swing by!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Subject: Climbing Gym Update! Monitor Meeting January 7th, 8pm
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Hey DMC!

With Winter term right around the corner, I wanted to send you all some
news from the climbing gym.

First, normal hours resume next Wednesday, January 8th. To see hours and
rates, consult our wiki page:
http://doc.dartmouth.edu/wiki/Jonathan_Belden_Daniels_Climbing_Gym

Second, to have normal hours we need monitors! To become a monitor, come to
the meeting Tuesday, January 7th at 8pm in the climbing gym. If you've been
a monitor before, this will be short (~10 minutes). If you haven't, this
will still be short (~30 minutes). 17s can be monitors this term! If you
are unable to come to this meeting but want to be a monitor, blitz me a 300
word essay detailing the benefits of open hand climbing over closed hand
climbing. Or why you can't come to the meeting. We'll figure something out
either way.

Third, those interested in learning a little about setting should come to
the gym the evening of Wednesday the 8th (time TBA). We'll talk about what
a setting clinic would look like and gauge interest.

Finally, if you're interested in hearing more about setting policy, changes
in the gym, and being able to blitz people to go climbing in the gym, join
the new climbing-gym listserv! You can do this by going to
listserv.dartmouth.edu, searching for the CLIMBING-GYM list, and
subscribing.

See you all in the gym soon!

-DRice