From: Jenny Hostert <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Calling all K-12 Educators!
Date: December 4, 2013 4:11:53 PM CST
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Are you “Speaking Up” about digital learning this year? If not, you are missing a unique opportunity to have your views—as well as the views of your colleagues, students, their parents and the local community—included in the increasingly important U.S. national and state discussions on digital learning policies, programs, and funding.

About the Speak Up National Research Project

The Speak Up National Research project annually polls K-12 students, parents and educators about the role of technology for learning in and out of school and represents the largest collection of authentic, unfiltered stakeholder voice on digital learning. Since 2003, over 3 million K-12 students, parents, teachers, librarians, principals, technology leaders and district administrators have shared their views and ideas through Speak Up. Education, business and policy leaders report that they use the data regularly to inform federal, state and local education programs.

Steps you can take to get involved this year:

1.) Take the survey today at www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2013.  Add your ideas to our state and national reports about the challenges and opportunities of educators today. In addition to our annual national reports, in 2014 we will release a special white paper on World Language Teachers and their Use of Technology. To download a copy of the free white paper “Speaking the Language of the 21st Century: World Language Teachers and their Use of Technology” released this year based on Speak Up 2012 data go to: http://k12.rosettastone.com/content/ProjectTomorrowWP.

2.) Share the surveys to your network friends and family. Surveys are available for K-12 students, educators, parents and members of the community. Start spreading the word about Speak Up to your network of colleagues, friends and family. Send them the link to the survey. We have a variety of promotional materials on our website to help spread the word, www.tomorrow.org/speakup/promo.html

3.) Get your local schools and districts involved. Every participating school and district receives free online access to their own participant data in February 2014.  Speak Up provides your schools and districts with state and national data for benchmarking that can be used to for grant writing, ed tech plans, budgets, professional development and community engagement. Encourage your school or district to participate!

Together, let's work towards leveraging technology to promote enhanced learning in our K-12 schools.

Speak Up is an initiative of Project Tomorrow, the nation's leading education nonprofit organization focused on empowering students to have a greater voice in their education. To learn more about Speak Up, please visit www.tomorrow.org/speakup or contact Jenny Hostert at [log in to unmask], 949-609-4660 x17 to get involved.