Hey everyone,

This evening I checked the Ompompanoosuc River flats near Kendal, as the water level in the Connecticut River was too high for any mudflats. Most of the flats in the mouth of the Ompompanoosuc were submerged, but the Greater Yellowlegs was foraging on what was left. In terms of waterfowl, I actually had a pretty decent showing. I found a single male Northern Pintail foraging with the Mallards and American Black Ducks and a small group of Green-winged teal, 3 males and 4 females. Its nice to see something different than the usual species.

I also checked Kilowatt at dusk, but didn't see anything other than Mallards, Hooded Mergansers, and Common Mergansers; there might have been other species, but the low light levels prevented any further details from being seen. There were a good number of ducks flying in after 5pm.

Below is the list of species I had at Ompompanoosuc.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

Ompompanoosuc River flats, Windsor, US-VT
Nov 6, 2013 4:15 PM - 4:35 PM
Protocol: Stationary
11 species

Canada Goose  6
American Black Duck  3
Mallard  46
Northern Pintail  1    male
Green-winged Teal (American)  7
Hooded Merganser  4
Common Merganser  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Greater Yellowlegs  1    continuing bird
Mourning Dove  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15590528