From: spaelti <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 00:18:23 +0900
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Shortcut

Hello again,

I don’t understand what you mean by "among the 8 items”. Here is how the Keyboard Preferences look for me:
http://ksw.shoin.ac.jp/spaelti/Nisus/Keyboard_Prefs_Font.png

But anyhow even if you really can’t set a shortcut in the keyboard preferences here are some other ideas.

================
Method 1. “Favorites"
================
The folders you see in the font menu are part of Apple’s font management system. To use them do this:
 1. Open Format > Font > Show Fonts  (cmd-T)
     — this will open the Apple font windoid
 2. Add the fonts you like to use to the “Favorites” folder
 3. Close the windoid and restart Nisus
 4. Now under Format > Font > Favorites you should see any fonts that you added in step 2.

================
Method 2. “Macro”
================
 1. In Nisus do: Macro > New Macro
     — a document window will open
 2. In the document window type *one* line, like this one:

Times New Roman

      or like this one:

Font:All Fonts:Arial

     (The second type of line might be better if the Font has a name that is the same as some other menu item)

  3. Then do Macro > Save as Macro
     — give the macro a name like “Apply Times New Roman”

  4. Now you can give a keyboard shortcut to that macro and it will have the same effect as applying the font directly

Hope this helps
P. Spaelti