From: "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Re: #10091.1 (!) Looking for an online video tool for students
Date: October 16, 2013 9:52:08 AM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

We are also exploring YouTube.

But I'm concerned about a few things.  Is it really a good idea to have students recording their assignments to YouTube?  I know you can Unlist or make Private videos, but if you are asking them to submit their video by embedding in a Moodle assignment, then you can't make it private without hassle for the student and the prof.  You can make it Unlisted, but then it's out there and potentially a FERPA violation.

~~
Carly J. Born
Academic Technologies
Carleton College | 507-222-7010 | [log in to unmask]

Office Hours Signup: https://moodle2013-14.carleton.edu/go/cborn
Appointment Calendar: [log in to unmask]"> https:[log in to unmask]