From: "A-P. Lian" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Invitation to participate in research surveys
Date: October 11, 2013 8:36:15 AM CDT
To: "Forum, Language Learning and Technology International Information" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to participate in the following research
surveys which I am undertaking, some in collaboration with colleagues
from AsiaCALL (the Asia Association of Computer-Assisted Language
Learning).

The first survey relates to perceptions by practitioners and others of
the state of foreign/second language learning.

The other three surveys have a more specific focus on
computer-assisted (or technology-enhanced) language-learning (CALL or
TELL).

All surveys seek to provide clearer insights into where we are, where
we have been and where we are going and, in due course, will
(hopefully) contribute to the development of our profession.

I/we very much appreciate your time and your input and please feel
free to invite friends and colleagues. Graduate students may
contribute to some of these surveys even though they may not have
completed their research.

Now here are the surveys -

Perceptions of L2 Teaching/Learning (including ESL/EFL)
http://gocultures.com/drupal7/node/11 - about language
teaching/learning in general.

The AsiaCALL Graduate Thesis survey.
http://asiacall.org/network/?q=content/asiacall-graduate-thesis-survey
- seeking to identify and catalog theses/dissertations undertaken in
Asian contexts

Identifying Important TELL/CALL Research Issues
http://gocultures.com/drupal7/node/10 - what research in CALL do
people feel we should be doing?

Online Survey of TELL/CALL Activities in Asian Contexts
http://gocultures.com/drupal7/node/8

Best wishes and many thanks

Andrew Lian

--
Professor Dr. Andrew Lian, Suranaree University of Technology
Emeritus Professor , University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT, Australia

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. (Anaïs Nin)
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage (more Anaïs Nin)
The universe is made up of stories, not atoms (Muriel Rukeyser)
Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change (Max Planck)