Hi, Roundtable Friends

Below are the new external and internal deadlines for the NIH October and November deadlines.   Please let me know if you see anything that is confusing or incorrect.   We have endeavored to try to make this easy to follow.  However, we will all benefit by double and triple checking…Also, I haven’t seen anything yet from NSF or other agencies.  Please forward any information you might see.   Thank you.

NIH

Guidance on Resumption of NIH Extramural Activities Following the Recent Lapse in Appropriations, LINK

More Information on Moving Forward with NIH Applications, Review, and Awards - See more at: LINK to RockTalk

Frequently Asked Questions for OSP Concerning Upcoming Deadlines:

I was planning to send a resubmission of an RO1. The original deadline is November 5th. Has the deadline changed? As stated in the NIH Notice "November grant application due dates will not change."

What are the new deadlines for proposals that were originally scheduled for October?

Type

Original Due Date

New Due Date

OSP 7 Day

OSP Final

R01 renewal, resubmission, revision

November 5

November 5

October 25

November 1

R01s, U01s (New)

October 5

November 12

November 1

November 8

U01 (renewal, resubmission, revision)

November 5

November 5

October 25

November 1

Ks (New)

October 12

November 12

November 1

November 8

R03s, R21s, R34s, R36s (New)

October 16

November 18

November 7

November 14

R03, R21, R33, R21/R33, R34, R36

(renewal, resubmission, revision)

November 16

November 18

November 7

November 14

R15s (All)

October 25

November 18

November 7

November 14

Replacement Applications*

previous cycle under

review in October

November 20

November 8 (to withdraw)

Internal routing November 11

Process TBD

November 18

Various RFAs, PARs, PAs not listed

Dates not listed above

above or below**

November 1**

October 23

October 30

PAR-13-277

October 1

November 14

November 5

November 12

PAR-13-351

October 23

November 14

November 5

November 12

PAR-13-086

October 24

November 14

November 5

November 12

RFA-AI-13-043

October 23

November 14

November 5

November 12

PAR-13-087

October 24

November 14

November 5

November 12

*Replacement/refreshed applications to NIH

Opportunity to "Refresh" Applications that are Reassigned to May 2014 Council:
Applicants whose review meetings are rescheduled and whose applications are reassigned to the May 2014 Council and will be notified via email to the principal investigator and the signing official listed on the grant application. In addition, meeting dates listed in the eRA Commons for these applications for will be changed to 09/09/9999 so they can be identified.

Applications will proceed to the February/March 2014 review without any action from the applicant. However, NIH is giving applicants the option of withdrawing and submitting a refreshed application. If you choose to replace your application, follow the steps below carefully:

o    Withdraw the existing application by November 8. You should receive a notice from your NIH program official. Please forward a copy of the notice to your OSP Grants Officer at [log in to unmask] and indicate the title and your wish to "replace."

o    Submit the application to the original funding opportunity announcement (FOA), if possible.

o    If that FOA has closed, submit to the appropriate parent announcement.

o    If there is no parent announcement for that activity code, send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] with the previous FOA number and we will work with you to get the application submitted.

o    Submit a cover letter with the refreshed application. Indicate that you are refreshing your application for the new council round, include the previous application number, and provide the previous study section assignment.Make the application a "new" or "resubmission" to match the withdrawn application.

o    All replacement applications are due by November 20.

o    No late applications will be allowed for this special due date. Only applicants who are rescheduled for May 2014 Council round may submit at the November 20th deadline. Any other applications to this deadline will be returned without review.

Non-standard Deadlines:

**Please carefully check PAR or RFAs for non-standard deadlines. Some of the Funding Opportunity announcements have already been updated with new deadlines. Check the NIH website for the updated FOA or call OSP or your progam official to confirm.

Jill M. Mortali

Director

Office of Sponsored Projects

Dartmouth College

11 Rope Ferry Road

Hanover, NH 03755

603-646-0678

To unsubscribe from the ROUNDTABLE list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ROUNDTABLE