On a warm and windy Balch Hill, in Hanover, 24 participants showed for the Hanover Conservancy's Annual Balch Hill Hawkwatch. We were greeted with strong south/southwest winds. Not the ideal for migrating hawks, but we did see the following:

Kestrel - 1
Sharp shinned - 4
Broadwing - 1
Peregrine falcon - 1
Osprey - 1

Thanks to the Hanover Conservancy for having the vision to protect this gem of a sight and thanks to Gail McPeek for organizing and providing some goodies. Thanks to the folks who joined us today.

I would encourage people to try Balch Hill later in the month and into October for more migrating hawks passing over the hill.

Dave Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.
www.capemayraptors.org