From: Ralf Porankiewicz <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: relanpro headsets
Date: September 3, 2013 9:17:31 AM CDT

The headset in mobile language learning

ReLANpro is of course a software company, but did you know we have been producing our own headsets for over ten years? The reason is simple: we were unable to find a good quality headset that meets our strict requirements.
Although we've made improvements on the inside, in those ten years not much has changed on the outside of the headset. Until now. Several customers told us that 21st Century Learning and its embracement of mobile devices has led to one major problem: there is no high quality headset available for tablets and smartphones that meets their educational needs.

After investigating this need and its technical feasibility we found that our flexible design, which allows us to change any lead within seconds, had exactly what we needed. All we had to change was the leads! We now offer a headset with a lead that is able to connect to both Apple and Android. The headset creates a perfect recording without any background noise.

Naturally when creating the headset we had our ReLANpro Mobile app for Cloud Language Learning in mind, but our headset can be used for any other audio application on smartphones, tablets, and PC/Mac. Existing ReLANpro customers who want to change from their USB or PC connectors to this new Apple/Android connector can simply replace the cable.

Curious which criteria our headphones have to meet?

1) Volume control should not be included in the cable. We found that this often leads to nervous students who fiddle with the volume control during an exam and want teachers to have the ability to control the volume for all students at once.
2) Headsets with microphones built in into the cable are also unfit for educational purposes, for the same reason.
3) In class we prefer 'over ears'. Over the years, headsets have become smaller and smaller, which has resulted in students having to deal with too much background noise.
4) The headsets we offer need to be durable. Any headset in education has to provide teachers and students with unparalleled longevity.
5) We demand flexibility. A headset needs to have changeable leads.
6) A headset also needs to offer supreme sound quality. An integrated USB sound card delivers the same HD sound to all students.
7) Our headphones need a directional microphone to eliminate noises other than the student's voice.

For more information, please feel free to contact us or visit our website.

Until next time for ReLANpro...
Ralf Porankiewicz
President