Hi wonderful DOC listserv members!

As people passionate about the outdoors and already involved with the DOC, I would highly recommend you consider applying to be Trips Director 2014. You do not need any past Directorate experience to apply. In the past, Trips has been directed by former trip leaders, former croo members, and former directorate members (and all combinations of those, too!), so as long as you have some form of prior involvement with Trips & can devote the time/energy toward making this program the best it can be, you are qualified!

If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please feel free to reach out to me or Chris O'Connell - we'd be happy to talk to you, get coffee, or anything else. Just a note, I am on the search committee, so I may re-route some of your questions to Chris.

Thanks, and have an awesome week!

Mac

------------------------
The Dartmouth Outing Club in conjunction with the Outdoor Programs Office and the Dean of the College Division is looking to recruit &
hire the 2014 DOC First-Year Trips Director.  Both Dartmouth undergraduates and alumni are welcome to apply.  No prior experience with the Trips Directorate and/or other parts of the Outing Club is required, however candidates should have some prior involvement as a volunteer with the Trips program (i.e. trip leader, croo member, etc.).
If you are excited about immersing yourself in building a stronger, more welcoming & inclusive community at Dartmouth, we encourage you to consider applying to direct DOC Trips 2014 -- individuals of ALL backgrounds and any prior involvement with DOC Trips are encouraged to apply.  This is a paid, year-long commitment and will require a significant amount of time and energy in both the planning & execution of the program.  Please review the attached application for full details.
Applications are due by Tuesday October 15th at 12:00 PM to the Outdoor Programs Office, Robinson Hall 112.  Applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee and selected candidates will be invited to interview in October.
If you have any questions regarding the position or would like to discuss the application process in further detail, please feel free to reach out to either of us via e-mail.
Thanks!
Mac Murphy '15
DOC President & Search Committee Chair
Chris O'Connell '13
2013 Trips Director
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]