In case you missed it, here is the blitz that we sent out to campus for tonight's all-DOC feed. We have had a very positive response to this event and it seems like there's going to be a lot of people.  As already active members, it would be great if y'all could come to represent your sub clubs. This may be one of our best chances to reach out to people from all of campus and show them what the DOC is all about.

Also if you're somehow still on the fence, there will be free Morano Gelato...

So, the DOC – you’ve probably heard at least a little about it in your last two weeks/year/four years here, but here’s a little perfunctory background. The Dartmouth Outing Club is the nation's largest and oldest collegiate outdoors club, presenting a spectrum of outdoor opportunities. Whether it's paddling, climbing, mountain biking, hiking, or skiing, we strive to make adventuring in the New Hampshire wilderness the fun, accessible and social experience it should be.

But the DOC is about more than just outdoor sports. It’s about sitting around a fire toasting marshmallows at one of our 11 cabins. It's about picking apples against the backdrop of peak fall foliage. It's about going to a diner as the sun rises just to grab breakfast with friends. Long story short, the DOC belongs to all of us, and the administrative wonks on the other side of this blitz genuinely want you to be a part of it.

This Thursday from 9-11pm we're holding an informal feed on the Ground Floor of Fahey/McLane so you can find out more about the many different parts of the Club. Come to meet the student leaders, hear about the different sub clubs (CnT, Ledyard, DMC, and on and on), and just take a well-deserved break from week two of your 13F.

We really can’t emphasize it enough: ’17 or ’14, Eagle Scout or city slicker, crunchy, crispy, or silky smooth, if you have an interest in making the outdoors part of your Dartmouth career, the DOC will be genuinely psyched to help you in doing that – and chances are you’ll get a pretty good return on that investment.

And if all those warm-and-fuzzies haven’t convinced you, we'll also have lots of free dessert. Again, free dessert.

Yours, as always,

The DOC