Error during command authentication.

From: "Cunningham, Keah M" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: #10065.1 (!) 100-level Mixxer users?
Date: August 27, 2013 12:48:44 PM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dear All,

On a similar thread, I thought I would point out the Language Practice Hangouts Community on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/communities/117021348126795052161).  I have not participated in one of the Hangouts yet, but I thought some of you might be interested in the link as it might be a great resource for your students.  They also have a nice Google Calendar (https://sites.google.com/site/englishpracticehangouts/calendar) of their events that makes it a bit easier to track than the default Google+ layout.

You might also consider creating your own custom environment using their model – reaching out to specific institutions or individuals using Google Hangouts – if you want some control over your students and with whom they communicate with online.  Also, for those of you interested in recording conversations as part of an oral exam, SPEAK Test, or something similar … Google Hangouts has that built-in with their Hangout on Air feature (which streams recordings directly to a YouTube account).

Best,

Keah

P.S.  Additionally, now that Skype integrates with Facebook (http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-to-facebook/) and your “friends” on the social media site, you could also tap into a very large community of native speakers via Facebook by setting up groups there.

Keah Cunningham

Assistant Director

Ermal Garinger Academic Resource Center

University of Kansas