Flowers, trees, amphibians, butterflies, oh my! Step outside and start
recording the fascinating world around you, and share your observations
with a growing network of "citizen scientists." Curiosity required, no
experience necessary. All programs are free of charge and begin at the
Forest Center at the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller NHP. Parking is available
at the Billings Farm & Museum on Old River Road in Woodstock. From the
Billings Farm & Museum parking lot, cross Rt. 12 to the park, turn right
and take the carriage road into the woods to the Forest Center.

These family-friendly events are organized by the Vermont Center for
Ecostudies and feature walks into the Park and demonstrations of how to
contribute data to the Vermont Atlas of Life. Bring a smartphone or digital
camera if you have one. Load the free app and register for an iNaturalist -
Vermont Atlas of
Life<http://www.inaturalist.org/projects/vermont-atlas-of-life>
account
beforehand or we can help you get one so you can start contributing your
observations. If you have a smartphone, come with the handy data collection
app on it.

iPhone app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inaturalist/id421397028?mt=8
Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.inaturalist.android

Come to any or all of the scheduled programs or just come explore and find
things on your own. We will cap off the day with an evening
celebration of National
Moth Week <http://nationalmothweek.org/>. Stick around after the final
program for a chance to find some of these nighttime residents.
*
**Schedule *
*
**July 20th*
*
*Natural History Walks and Surveys

8:00 AM Vermont eBird
10:00 AM General Natural History Survey
12:00 PM Bumblebees
1:00 PM Plants
8:00 PM Moths

iNaturalist Workshops:
2:00 PM
4:00 PM
8:00 PM

Follow this link to connect to the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller NHP data
center on iNaturalist and the Vermont Atlas of
Life!<http://www.inaturalist.org/places/marsh-billings-rockefeller-national-historical-park-woodstock-vt-us>
____________________________

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies