A reminder there is to be a Windsor County 2013 Birding Quest walk in the vicinity of North Springfield (VT) Reservoir from 7:30 to 10:00 AM this Saturday, July 13, 2013. Leaders will include Sara Eisenhauer, Spencer Hardy, and George Clark. This walk is free and open to the public. Bring binoculars and scopes if available and be prepared to walk up to two miles over fairly level, but uneven, terrain. This walk will be canceled in the event of continuous steady rain or thunderstorms.

We'll start in an area known for its Prairie Warblers and sometimes other unusual species and then, if time allows, drive to another location, east of Perkinsville, where we'll again look for both water and land birds.

Route instructions: From Exit 7 off I-91, take Route 11 northwestward through Springfield, where Route 11 joins with 106. Follow Route 106 into North Springfield and there turn right onto Maple Street and continue northward towards the western end of the dike of North
Springfield Reservoir Dam. Where Maple Street passes onto the dike, turn right into a paved parking lot where the walk is to begin at 7:30 AM. The Hartness Airport grounds can be seen nearby to the west of that parking lot.

Participants carpooling from the Hanover/Norwich area should meet at 6:30 AM in the Ledyard Bridge commuter parking lot (entrance off River Road in Norwich). We'll aim to return to the Ledyard Bridge lot before 11:00 AM.

Mascoma Chapter of New Hampshire Audubon